The ultimate “normal” lens in the EF system. The Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens lens is sharp even wide open, and of course its f/1.4 speed makes it perfect for available-light shooting. For many, it’s an ideal lens to accompany a zoom when shooting in low-light conditions. Compact and affordable, it’s the only lens in the EF system to combine the extra-small Micro USM and still provide full-time manual focusing when the lens is in the AF mode.
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens Features:
- Normal prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 80mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions and also affords great control over depth of field for isolating subjects and using selective focus techniques.
- Gaussian optics design, which includes two high refractive index elements, notably reduces distortion and spherical aberrations for high sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and colour neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A micro Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
Canon EF 50mm F/1.4 USM Specs
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Angle of View||46°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||45 cm|
|Optical Design||7 Elements in 6 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||8, Rounded|
|Filter Size||58 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||73.8 x 50.5 mm|