The Sigma 85mm f1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon delivers outstanding resolution and superb attractive bokeh effect. The bokeh effect is so precise, you can focus on the pupil of the subject’s eye while blurring the eyelashes. Adding to the effect, the area in focus is extremely high-resolution while the bokeh area is very attractive in appearance. The Sigma 85mm f1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for Canon incorporates 14 lens elements in 12 groups, a remarkable structure that helps the lens deliver ultra-high-resolution. This lens is therefore an excellent match for full-frame DSLRs.
The ultimate lens for portraits
By taking chromatic aberrations to the absolute minimum, this lens offers performance that goes beyond, including incredibly sharp resolution and a beautiful bokeh effect.
Image quality perfect for ultra-high-megapixel digital cameras
The Sigma 85mm f1.4 DG HSM Art Lens for canon incorporates two elements made of SLD (Special Low Dispersion Glass) and one element with a high rate of anomalous partial dispersion and a high index of refraction. These features help ensure a clear image throughout the plane. The optical system also minimizes sagittal coma flare for outstanding image quality without streaking even at wide-open aperture.
Newly designed HSM for nimble AF control
The newly designed Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM) offers 1.3 times the torque of its predecessor. Even at low speeds, it offers exceptionally stable performance, and the updated AF algorithm helps ensure nimble autofocus performance. In addition, full-time manual focus override allows the lens to be switched to manual focus simply by rotating the focus ring—even during continuous AF. The user can quickly find the perfect focus without needing to touch the focus mode switch.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma’s Global Vision series, this lens’ is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- This short telephoto 85mm f/1.4 prime lens is designed for full-frame format Nikon F-mount cameras, and can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 136mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is well-suited for working in low-light conditions and also provides greater control over the focus position when using shallow depth of field techniques.
- Two SLD elements, one element with a high rate of anomalous partial dispersion and a high index of refraction, and one aspherical element have been incorporated within the lens design to correct for chromatic aberrations throughout the entire focusing range and help to ensure high image sharpness, clarity, and contrast regardless of focus point or aperture setting. This optical design also helps to control distortion and limit vignetting.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Specialized electromagnetic aperture mechanism provides greater exposure control stability that is especially beneficial when working with fast continuous shooting rates.
- A rounded nine-blade diaphragm helps to produce an attractive out-of-focus quality.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
|Camera Mount Type||Canon EF|
|Format Compatibility||35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor|
|Angle of View||28.6°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||33.46″ (85 cm)|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:8.5|
|Elements/Groups||14 / 12|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Filter Thread||Front: 86 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||Approx. 94.7 x 126.2 mm|